We are currently hiring and training Reading Instructors!
Are you looking for an opportunity to have a positive, lasting impact on the lives of children who struggle in school due to reading challenges? Active Reading Center (ARC) has a proven methodology to reach many different types of struggling students and help them progress into proficient readers. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, we invite you to apply to be an instructor and join our amazing team at Active Reading Center now! Teaching credentials not required.
Organization Description: The Active Reading Center (ARC) is the premier resource for struggling readers in the Bay Area. We are a physician recommended, non-profit organization that has been opening the doors to literacy success since 1991.We teach students of all ages to read, including those with a previous diagnosis such as dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, or other learning challenges.
We are currently recruiting interested people (we train with stipend) to work with students using our Reading Revolution™ method. Student lessons are a series of 50- minute, one-on-one, highly interactive reading sessions.
Job Description – Reading Instructor:
ARC is currently seeking dedicated, responsible, punctual, high-energy, patient, motivated people to learn our methodology and work at our center in Walnut Creek.
Reading Instructors must:
- Accurately read, speak and write in English.
- Attend training, starting in March or April (afternoon or evening), and pass a completion test.
- Commit to work during spring 2018 and the full 2018-2019 academic year (minimum 3 days per week in the afternoon), including substitute teaching.
- Commit to work one entire summer 2018 session June/July or July/August (4 weeks, 5 days a week, M-F or Tue-Sat, AM and/or PM).
- Attend one monthly staff meeting (evening).
- Provide one-on-one instruction based upon each student’s learning needs.
- Work with ARC Center Director to write and implement student lesson plans.
- Interact positively and professionally with students, parents, and staff to provide a safe, motivating learning environment.
- Write student progress reports.
Compensation: To be discussed
As a reading instructor, you can make a huge difference in the lives of students. If you are interested and meet our qualifications, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to teach literacy to students. email@example.com
For Training information, please contact the director at:
For employment information, please contact the office manager at: